Hello Logan families!
Our 4th grade students had a wonderful time at Hill Auditorium last Wednesday! They sang and played their recorders along with the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra. We also discussed composers, instruments, and specific pieces to prepare for our field trip. Below are a few pictures from our trip. Thank you to our PTSO for funding this experience!
Hello and Happy New Year to you all!
I wanted to pass on some information about our 4th grade field trip to Hill Auditorium. On March 14th, our 4th graders will go to Hill Auditorium to see the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra! We are very excited and are practicing songs that we will sing and play along with the orchestra. The A2SO has asked me to share the following:
1. Parents and guardians can volunteer at the concert. To do so, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would expect them to be at Hill Auditorium at 8:30 to be trained (8:45 for the Middle School concert), and to stay at least until 11:30. We cannot promise that they will be volunteering in the area where their child is sitting, and we cannot guarantee that they will be able to see the entire concert.
2. If there is an empty section at Hill Auditorium once all seats have been assigned, we will open that section up for parents to purchase tickets at $6 a piece. We will not know this until about one week before the concert, at which point we will let you – the teachers – know. To purchase those tickets, parents would need to call the A2SO office directly. Parents who choose to do this WILL NOT be seated with their children, but are expected to sit in the designated parents’ section. It is likely that we will have seats available at the 12:15 Link Up concert and at the Middle school concert; it is far less likely that seats will be available for the 10:15 Link Up concert.
Please let me know if you have any questions! We'd love to see some familiar faces when we arrive at Hill! :)
We have officially started our recorder unit with this year's class of 4th graders! Last week, each student who purchased a recorder received their instrument and today, each student received a Logan Recorder Karate booklet full of songs that they will learn in class and through individual practice outside of school. When students are ready, they will perform to earn “belts” for their recorders. I will grade their performances using a rubric printed in their Logan Recorder Karate booklet. We will have a limited number of in-class performance days, but other performance times will be available during lunch recess a couple of times a week. I welcome any questions or concerns you may have about our recorder unit or your child’s musical development. Please feel free to contact me by emailing me at Lowerc@aaps.k12.mi.us. Thanks!
STUDENTS: Click here for a copy of the Logan Recorder Karate book.
Today, we had the McDonald Madrigals from Dearborn visit us at Logan! They sang songs, played tablah drums, and they even taught us a friendship song! We really enjoyed their visit. Here are a few pictures from the assembly:
Good afternoon, Logan families!
I am thrilled to announce the arrival of 31 new instruments into the music room! The AAPS Music Department received funding for new Yamaha upright pianos for all elementary schools! We received one piano for the music room and another for our performance space in the multipurpose room. They are beautiful instruments for students to hear and see on a regular basis during their music classes.
We also received a grant from our PTSO for a set of 30 ukuleles! Students are SO EXCITED to learn to play! This year, 5th graders will learn to play ukulele during their vocal music classes. Next year, 3rd graders and 5th graders will learn to play! I cannot wait to begin singing songs and doing composition, arrangement, and cover song projects with students!
THANK YOU to our PTSO and to our district leaders for supporting our elementary music program at Logan!
Welcome back, Logan Families!
We're off to a great start in the music room! Students are moving, singing, chanting, and listening to develop their musical skills. As we begin a new school year, I would like to share a few bits of information with you.
- If you were unable to swing by the music table at Curriculum Night, here are the two fliers that I handed out: Logan Music Letter and Extra Curricular Opportunities
- This next link will take you to the recorder letter for all 4th grade students. It was sent home on 9/20/2017. Please fill out the bottom half of the form and return it to school. Our 4th graders are eager to begin their recorder studies!
- Lastly, please check out the wish list tab on my website to see items that we could use in the music room. I will update it periodically throughout the school year.
As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about your child's musical development, please feel free to email me at Lowerc@aaps.k12.mi.us! Thank you!
Our concerts and informances are quickly approaching! Below are the dates, times, and locations for our 2017 concerts and informances.
Y5 and K Informance: Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 at 6:00 PM in the multipurpose room.
1st Grade Informance: Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 at 6:30 PM in the music room.
Miss Carpenter's, Miss Wood's, and Mrs. West's classes: Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 at 7:00 PM in the music room.
**Informances are an opportunity for parents and family members to join students in a regular music class. I will teach an activit
and explain what I am doing and why I am doing what I am doing. Please come join the fun!**
2nd and 3rd Grade: Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 at 6:00 PM in the multipurpose room. STUDENTS SHOULD ARRIVE AT 5:45 PM.
4th and 5th Grade: Tuesday, May 30th, 2017 at 6:00 PM in the multipurpose room. STUDENTS SHOULD ARRIVE AT 5:45 PM.
Please email or call if you have questions about your student's informance or concert! I hope to see you there!